Thursday, January 8, 2015

I'm officially a Work at Home Mom!

Last night was my first night working from home and aside from Hubby getting home late which cut in on my nap and Monster throwing a huge tantrum right as I was clocking in all went well. My shift started at 9:00 PM.
Hubby was over an hour late getting home last night because he had a meeting that ran late and then had to stop at the pharmacy to pick up Monster's antibiotic for his 2nd double ear infection this season; I think I got about a 30-45 minute nap because I had trouble falling asleep. Surprisingly I woke up pretty easily and made myself a bagel.
Just as I was about to clock in, my sleepy little Monster decided to have an all out melt down to the point that he wanted to be held but only in a certain spot where the living room, kitchen and hallway all meet. If Hubby moved a step in any direction he freaked out. I tried holding him but had the same result. Eventually Hubby took him in his bedroom so I could work because in our tiny little apartment the only place to set up my work station is on the sidebar in the living room.

Office Desk (1/8/15) photo IMG_1521_zps1fc9e836.jpg
My desk

Office (1/8/15) photo IMG_1522_zpsf889ea37.jpg
Notes and motivation

Office Storage (1/8/15) photo IMG_1518_zps88fb1307.jpg
Storage

The bedroom didn't work either so I put Thomas the train on Netflix and that did the trick; soon enough I had a sleeping toddler on the sofa and a sleeping Hubby on the floor. There was not a chance I was moving the toddler, although he did at one point sleep through rolling off the sofa.
Things were a bit confusing when I clocked in since I was never actually told what to do, I'm so used to having a strict schedule for my day so it was strange to not have a list in front of me, but I got over it fast enough. Honestly, it was really nice. I was solid until about 3:00 AM when I sudden;y became very tired and by 6:00 AM I was having trouble keeping my eyes open but I made it to 7:00 AM and went straight to bed until 12:00 PM.
I have to say even though I've only done 1 night, so far I'm loving being a work at home Mom. In the 4 days I had off between working in the office and working from home I was able to catch up on ALL of the laundry and even put it away (which never happens), I started reorganizing the kitchen (don't worry, there will be a whole other post on that once it's completed) and Hubby and I are planning to start exercising next week (because I thought doing too much in 1 week would be a bit rough). So far, this is the best decision I've ever made and I can't wait to do all things I never had time to do with Monster and Hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment