Sunday, April 21, 2013

Earth Day weekend

I was lucky enough to have this weekend off and I made good use of it. Saturday Minion and I went to The Great Cloth Diaper Change in Philadelphia, we even saw the new sitter and her little man. It was pretty neat to be apart of something so unique, and to think it happened constantly over a 24 hour period of time! Ours was hosted by The Nesting House (thenestinghouse.net) and took place in a near by church, they also gave out an awesome gift bag with goodies from Baby Kicks, Bummis and a delicious lactation cookie from Milkin' Cookies plus other fun stuff and coupons. I tried to see if anyone else was using gDiapers but there was too many people, I was proud to represent though. I can't wait to find out if we were all able to break last years record for the most cloth diapers changed! I had planned to go to the Collingwood Green Festival after that but we had dinner plans with my In Laws and there was just no time.

Today Minion decided we were starting our day at 7am, good thing we went to bed early last night. I figured we should take advantage of it and stopped by Target to pick up a cute little reusable bag filled with samples and coupons and then I braved my first Just4Kids consignment event, crazy I know. I've heard it can be pretty overwhelming but I figured since today was the last day it might not be so busy. Well, it was pretty busy I can't imagine how Friday and Saturday must have been. I'm glad I went though, I scored an Imaginarium wooden push cube (minus the blocks so I have to try and get some), a Leap Frog drum, a Playskool Swing and Score toy and a cute "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" framed poem all for under $40!!! Seriously, you can't beat that. They had pretty much anything baby/child related you could want including tons of clothes. I can't wait until it opens again in August, I think I'll venture out on Friday or Saturday next time. Probably leave Minion at home with Hubby if I can.

After that we went to the Camden Aquarium with family, Minion loves it there. I think we are going to have to get a fish tank when he gets older. It was very crowded but we still had a good time.

I wish I would have had time to plant some flowers or just work in my gardens but no such luck. Last year I didn't get to them at all so I'm hoping to get out there soon this year, my yard is in desperate need of color. Since we lost the tree in our back yard last year it will be hard to bring Minion out with me because there is no shade, out front should be easier though.

No comments:

Post a Comment