Tuesday, March 5, 2013

First Play Date...

...was a bust. A friend of mine has a son who is just under a month older then Minion and invited us over. Minion has seen other babies before but has never really been able to play with them, since he is mobile now I thought it would be the perfect time for his first play date. As you know from my post the other day he has not been sleeping recently but has still been pretty pleasant during the day so I thought nothing if it. Well he fell asleep in the car on the way there (nothing unusual) and woke up as soon as we got in the door (also not unusual), he started fussing to get out of the car seat but never stopped. I couldn't put him down, he didn't want to play, he cried when I gave him lunch... he was a mess and very un-Minion like. My friend's baby on the other hand was great, didn't want to share but he's a baby so that's to be expected. I felt so bad, he ended up falling asleep in my arms before we left. We plan to get them together again soon, hopefully Minion will be on a better mood.

He and Minion are so close in age, 25 days apart, but it was neat to see the differences in what they can do. Her son is an expert crawler and can walk with help, he also loves to play by himself with toys while Minion just learned to crawl and pull himself up. Until this weekend he never really played with anything that was not his precious rings, maybe he saw the other baby playing and realized what he was supposed to do because now he is all about his toys. It's adorable to see him so interested in things, he loves his Disney train and blocks. He's also been chasing fat cat Monkey around and climbing on senior dog, Deuce... both have been taking it like a champ, I'm so proud of them, I was a bit worried.

AND HE SLEPT SATURDAY NIGHT! All night! It was wonderful, he slept Sunday night too, Monday however he went to sleep, got up a few hours later and stayed up but was extremely pleasant all day. We played almost all day, I love that baby...he's so stinking cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment