Friday, March 1, 2013

Anti-Sleep Campaign

For the last 4 days Minion has decided he's not going to sleep at night even though he is exhausted, instead he wants to stay up and climb all over Mommy and Daddy like a jungle gym. I'm not sure if it's teething or just excitement that he knows how to get around not but it's not going well for me and Hubby. He's only angry when we try to make him lay down, put him in the pack n' play or put him in the swing; I know he is tired because he will close his eyes and doze off for a minute or two but then wake right back up and cry because he can't play. I try nursing him and he falls asleep but wakes right up as soon as you move him. He is finally going to sleep around 8am in his swing but only for 3-4 hours which means that's all the sleep I get and Hubby isn't getting much more.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's because my vacation is over... He had me all to himself for over a week and this started right after I went back to work. Is that possible? Could my 8 month old really think that way already or is he just becoming an insomniac? I have off for the next 3 days so I guess we will find out. If that is the case now I feel really horrible for putting him through that but I can't change things do how do I get him back on a schedule? I'm not a fan of letting a baby cry it out (CIO) at all but I tried to let him go just for a few minutes at Hubby's request and not only was it heartbreaking but it didn't work, the only thing it accomplished was making Mommy upset too.

Last night I asked the babysitter to keep him awake as much as possible, he slept for a little bit after he got there and then fell asleep on the way home. I had planned to give him a bath followed by some sleepy time lotion but due to circumstances beyond my control I left work half an hour late and was too tired...I know that kind of seems counter productive but I just couldn't do it. Tonight I should be leaving on time and will try again, I'm hoping Hubby was able to keep him up most of the night. We shall see. I might be a zombie by the time this weekend is over, on the plus side thought my cold is almost completely gone.

Kids...gotta love them. Good thing he's so darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment