Friday, May 17, 2013

gGathering, Mother's Day and Sickness...Oh My

I had been looking forward to last weekend for over a month now. I had planned my 2nd gGathering in 6 months, it was my first Mother's Day and I was given a 4 day weekend...what more could a Mama ask for right? Well, apparently that was too much.

On Thursday, (the day before my mini vacation) I started vomiting and just basically feeling like crap but I went to work figuring it would only last a day or 2 just like everyone else. Friday, I laid around still feeling lousy. Saturday (the day of the gGathering) I didn't even want to get out of bed and to top it off, Hubby was sick now too so I had to take Minion with me to the store to pick up a few last minute things for the party. He's pretty good in stores it's just faster to go alone. I forced myself to go to the party and I'm glad I did, I had a great time hanging out with other gDiaper using Mamas and there kids at the playground. I do wish I had been feeling more sociable though. I pretty sure everyone else had fun too. Downside, Minion was now not feeling well and cranky. He didn't want to take a nap, something I desperately needed, but Hubby let me lay down for an hour before waking me up with an even crankier baby.

Sunday was Mother's Day. I bet you are all saying "Oh you must have had a wonderful 1st Mother's Day", nope. It kinda sucked actually. Everyone except Hubby wished me a Happy Mother's Day, he finally did a few hours after I got up but only after I asked him if he knew what day it was (he did by the way). He said something about not being able to get me a gift, as if I cared about that... I just wanted him to say it. Apparently, me being upset was blowing it way out of proportion, I still disagree but whatever. He was very nice to me for the rest of the day though and we also got to spend Monday together too.

Speaking of Monday, Hubby and Minion were feeling better but not me. I still was feeling pretty sick...kinda put a HUGE damper on my whole weekend. I went back to work Tuesday not really feeling up to it but I pushed through the day, Wednesday I woke up vomiting again so I called out of work. I took Minion to the sitter anyway so I could make a doctors appointment and maybe get in a nap, I did get a nap but no doctors. I called as soon as they opened (9am) and was told my doctor had nothing available until 3:30pm the next day, I said no so she offered to call something in for me... confused I asked how she was going to do this without a doctor seeing me. She asked for my symptoms so I gave them to her and told her I was a nursing mother, she said I would hear back shortly. At 1:30pm, I finally got a phone call telling me they can't give me anything because I'm nursing and suggested I call my OBGYN (even though I'm not prego) but when I called them they were very confused and said they couldn't do anything for me if I am not prego (which if what I figured). So... I called the doctors office back and asked to speak with my doctor directly, he called back within 2 minutes and told me himself that I can not take anything since I'm nursing but said he wished I would have made an appointment to come in... Seriously. When I told him about my 9a, conversation he was livid and called the head nurse over and asked her why I was not given an appointment, she had no idea and said there were plenty of openings for the day. Of course the office was now closed though so I got screwed. He was really concerned about the fact that I had not been eating and wanted me to go to the ER of I didn't feel better by the end of the night, I didn't go. Thankfully I felt much better Thursday morning and was able to go to work. Today, I'm as good as new.

Well Mama's, I hope your weekend was better then mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment