Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Party Planning

Minion will be 1 in a month! I can't believe it, where has the time gone? We decided to so "The Notekins" from Baby First TV for the theme since Minion loves music. For a while that show was magic, if he was crying and it came on...he instantly stopped. That doesn't work now of course but he still loves it. The show teaches pitch, harmony, tempo and more all while entertaining with gentle music. I think I have a future musician on my hands and I love it. It's kind of hard party planning when your theme is not common enough to find in any stores but that also means I have to make most of the decorations which will save us a ton of money. The Notekins each stand for a different music note and are each a different color so I'm going to get plates, napkins, plastic wear etc. from the dollar store because they have all different colors that way I can just mix it up to match the theme. Most of the decorations I should be able to make with my Cricut which will take a lot of time (and I don't have much to spare) but I know I will get exactly what I want that way. The invitations were easy. I just Google image searched The Notekins and added the party info to the one I liked best on Photobucket, a friend of mine has a connection at Staples and offered to print them out for me free of charge.

One of the hardest decisions was figuring out where to have the party. I don't really want to have it at our house because my family is huge so even planning for immediate family (which to me means aunts, uncle and cousins) is a lot. We also don't have any entertainment for the kids and I always get nervous that someone will let the dogs out (our yard is not fenced in), we also can't really afford to rent a place out. We finally decided on a park near the river with a pretty nice size playground. It has covered tables and bathrooms, basically everything we need. We were originally going to bring the grill but are now going to get hoagie trays so no one have to man the grill for the whole party. Of course I'll make potato salad and all too.

A few months ago I had a vanilla gDiaper customized from Paint Spatter Designs by Audrina Leigh Zaczyk and it's been so hard not to put it on him but I've been to afraid it will get messed up. I had a second one made too (which has also not been on the butt yet), Audrina is so talented, her shop is closed now because she just had a baby but I'm hoping she opens back up soon because I need some more of her work. She has a Batman design I'd love to get my hands on.

The Notekins Custom gDiaper photo ba60c993-7bbe-4208-a427-6b4cdf6f1307_zps64f34c9d.jpg
This is the birthday diaper.

 photo 24e9efae-3a7b-4474-87e6-45f69313e6c2_zps779ba76f.jpg
And this is the other one. Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my obsessions.

I have not picked an outfit yet... I suppose I should get on that. I suppose I could make him a shirt as well now that Cricut has iron on fabric.

I'm both excited and sad about his birthday. I don't know where the time has gone, I feel like he was just born but I love watching him learn new things. He's definitely a Mama's boy but he gets a little more independent every day, except of course when he's teething like the last couple of days. In one month my baby boy will no longer be an infant but a toddler. I'm not sure how I feel about that, my baby is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment